North Central Texas is dedicated to helping highly-motivated, underprivileged students with scholarships, as well as domestic and international students. Students from a variety of backgrounds are considered for admission, however, the expectations remain high. All aspects of the program are designed to teach specific values. Behavioral expectations for North Central Texas Academy students are based on these, and all students are expected to demonstrate:
- Respect: Students are expected to display respect towards adults and display courtesy for the thoughts and feelings of others.
- Responsibility: Students are expected to take responsibility for their own emotions, behavior, grades, possessions, and choices.
- Integrity: Students are expected to show integrity by honoring their commitments and demonstrating honesty in all aspects of their lives.
- Self-Discipline: Students are expected to set personal goals and strive to achieve these goals.
- Compassion: Students are expected to grow in their ability to demonstrate love and kindness toward others.
North Central Texas Academy strives to maintain an atmosphere that is positive, supportive, and orderly, so that all students are able to live, work, and study in a healthy environment.
Discipline at North Central Texas Academy
Discipline at the Academy, and in the residences, is based on a system of rewards and privileges. Every student must learn to accept fair and consistent discipline and eventually internalize it. Students must work hard to develop values and a proper style of behavior. Infractions of the rules of conduct may result in loss of privileges, detentions, time-out in the residences, missing athletic events and other outings, and eventually, dismissal from the Academy.
Each teacher and resident parent will establish classroom and residential expectations. Rules and consequences for not following them will be reviewed and reinforced with students.
North Central Texas Academy is a Christian, boarding and day school with qualified professionals to assist students in growing academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. All students must be motivated and capable of working on, or above, grade level. If you feel your student meets the requirements of our program, please download the appropriate Admission Application, and mail it to North Central Texas Academy.